Today, Nintendo debuted a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a video presentation focused on Nintendo Switch games Nintendo Switch from Nintendo’s development and publishing partners. The video is the first in a series of upcoming Partner Showcase presentations to be released this year.
Highlights from the debut showcase include details about two new games from the popular and acclaimed RPG series Shin Megami Tensei – a high-definition remake of Shin Megami Tensei III, a beloved classic from the series, in the spring of 2021, and a new main series game, Shin Megami Tensei V, which will have a simultaneous global release on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
Direct Mini: Partner Showcase also revealed three paid DLC packs for Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Introducing The Legend of Zelda adding new characters, modes and maps. In addition, the video showed action-packed gameplay for two upcoming Nintendo Switch games, Rogue Company and WWE 2K Battlegrounds.
“With this new Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, we are delighted to highlight the great games from our development and publishing partners,” said Steve Singer, senior vice president of publisher and developer relations at Nintendo of America. “With several exhibitions this year, we can continue to highlight the breadth of games and the variety of experiences that all types of players can have on the Nintendo Switch.”
To watch the Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase video in full, visit https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/07-20-2020/ . Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
- Shin Megami Tensei V : The next numbered entry in ATLUS ‘beloved Shin Megami Tensei series is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch. In this epic role-playing game, order itself has collapsed and chaos reigns over everyone. Shin Megami Tensei V will have a simultaneous global release on the Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster: It has been 17 years since the original release of Shin Megami Tensei III, known in the USA as Shin Megami Tensei: Noturno. Now, the apocalyptic legend returns in a high-definition remake of the classic game, coming to the Nintendo Switch in the spring of 2021.
- Rogue Company : A stylish new shooter arrives on Nintendo Switch! Take down opponents with an arsenal of weapons and skills in this third-person online multiplayer shooter from First Watch Games. Clash with other players in competitive and casual game modes, or take on the challenge against AI opponents who certainly bring the heat. If players fall into battle, their teammates can revive them, letting them immediately return to the fray. Cross-platform playback and cross-rescue are also supported from day one, along with motion-controlled crosshair support. More information about the Rogue Company will be revealed later today!
- WWE 2K battlefields : The world of WWE is your battlefield with a complete new arcade action in the face, while your favorite WWE Superstars and Legends fight in strange interactive environments. Both casual gamers and longtime wrestling fans will love the fast and easy multiplayer experience when WWE 2K Battlegrounds is released for the Nintendo Switch on September 18.
- Cadence of Hyrule Season Pass : Three paid DLC packs are coming to the game Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda, with the first pack being released today!
- Pack 1: Character pack – In the first pack, five additional characters join the game set, including Impa, which excels in ranged attacks with the Naginata weapon, and Aria, perfect for players who like challenges. The game is over if you hit or miss a hit with it.
- Package 2: Melody package – After purchasing this package, 39 songs will be added to the game, including remixed versions of the game’s background music. Players can change the background music at any time to hear their favorite music while traveling through Hyrule.
- Pack 3: Additional story content – Symphony of the Mask – Play as the mysterious Skull Kid and venture out for a new map in the third DLC pack, complete with new songs and a new story. The Skull Kid also has the power to change his abilities based on the masks he wears.
DLC Pack 1 will be available for purchase today for $ 5.99. The second DLC package will be released before the end of October for $ 5.99. The third DLC package will also be released before the end of October and will be available for $ 9.99. A Season Pass containing all three available DLC packs will be available for purchase starting today for $ 14.99. People who buy the Season Pass will also receive bonus clothes for Link and Zelda. A physical version of the game that contains the main game and all three DLC packs will be released on October 23 for $ 39.99.
Details about the upcoming Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase will be revealed in the future.
Source: Nintendo of America