Hello Xbox Insiders! We have a new preview of the Xbox One update coming to the Beta and Delta ring. It is important to note that some updates made to these preview versions of the operating system include background improvements that ensure quality and stable build for the Xbox One.
We continue to post these release notes, even when noticeable UI changes are minimal, you’re aware when updates are coming to your device. Details can be found below!
System update details:
- Operating system version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_2010 19041.4835.200912-0000
- Available : 14:00 PT – 15 of 15 September 2020
- Required : 3pm PT – September 16, 2020
New features and experiences
We have great news! Beta and Delta users can expect something new for the Xbox One update preview.
Private media sharing
Sharing game clips and screenshots is a central component of the social experience on Xbox and you’ll learn more about how we’re expanding this functionality with the new Share button on Xbox Series X Wireless Controllers. But we also want to keep user privacy at the center of our experience. When sending game clips and screenshots to Xbox Live by default, your media will now be private and only visible to you until it is manually shared with a message, club, activity feed or social network.
With this change, users will notice the following on their console:
- The Captures tab on the Profile screen has been removed
- Activity feeds will now only include content that has been manually shared
- The configuration for sharing game clips and screenshots have been automatically removed
- All content uploaded to Xbox Live will be private by default until it is shared
Thanks to the hard work of Xbox engineers, we are pleased to announce that the following corrections have been implemented for this build:  Guide
- The Guide should work normally if it is offline or if no account is connected.
- Fixed an issue where "Recent Captures" did not load any content.
Home  Fixed an issue where users in the UK were unable to add the entertainment content block to the dashboard.
- Fixed an issue where adult accounts would see content being restricted when browsing the Store.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages on the console
- Note: Users participating in the Visualization may see "strange" text on the console; for more information, visit here .
We understand that some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider release notes. These items are not being ignored, but Xbox engineers will take more time to find a solution .
New issues we are investigating:
- Some users are reporting that they have not received invitations to games or console parties.
- We are aware of an issue where the panel does not appear to load content and shows a black, gray or white screen.
We are still tracking these known issues:
- Some users have reported that the Dolby Atmos audio setting for headphones changes when the console is restarted / updated.
- Note: If you try to set the audio to Dolby Atmos for headphones and see a message advising you to start the Dolby Access application, send your feedback before before starting the application.
- Some users have reported that the audio mixer cannot be used to adjust the audio level of the chat / game.
- We have received reports that the Guide has not been started or loaded.
My games and applications
- Users reported seeing black blocks instead of the game art when browsing their collection.
- Note: We are still investigating the problem. Report the problem again on the console if you did this with a previous update and are still seeing this behavior.
- Some titles in the collection may appear incorrectly with a "test" tag in the collection.
New store experience
- Some titles may display a "Not currently available" message on the product page and will not be available for purchase
- Note: Users can use the Microsoft Store on the Web or Windows to complete purchases of these items.
- Users will not be able to use the “gifts” option for both Xbox 360 and original Xbox titles at this time.
- Users will not be able to use “Bui Functionality ld a bundle” at this time
- Workaround: Create the bundle through the Microsoft Store on the Web or Windows.
- Xbox Design Lab customization is currently not supported.
- Workaround: Use the Microsoft Store on the Web or Windows to buy.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when calling from the console.
Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed about your problem. We may not be able to answer everyone, but the data we will gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
How to get Xbox Insider support
If you're an Xbox Insider looking for support, contact the community subreddit . The official Xbox team, moderators and fellow Xbox Insiders are there to help with your concerns.
When posting on subreddit, check the most recent posts to see if your problem has already been posted or resolved. We always recommend adding topics with the same problem before posting a new one. This helps us to support you in the best possible way! Don't forget to use "Report a problem" before posting – the information shared in both places helps us to better understand your problem.
Thanks to all the Xbox Insider on the subreddit today. We love that it has become such a friendly and community-oriented conversation and support center.
For more information about the Xbox Insider Program, follow us on Twitter . Keep an eye out for future Xbox Insider release notes for more information on the Xbox One update preview ring!
Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha (2010.200912-0000)
Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip-Ahead (2011.200912-0000)
Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta and Delta (2010.200908-2000)